XXXVI. GMP functions
These functions allow you to work with arbitrary-length integers using the GNU MP library.
These functions have been added in PHP 4.0.4.
Note: Most GMP functions accept GMP number arguments, defined as resource below. However, most of these functions will also accept numeric and string arguments, given that it is possible to convert the latter to a number. Also, if there is a faster function that can operate on integer arguments, it would be used instead of the slower function when the supplied arguments are integers. This is done transparently, so the bottom line is that you can use integers in every function that expects GMP number. See also the gmp_init() function.
If you want to explicitly specify a large integer, specify it as a string. If you don't do that, PHP will interpret the integer-literal first, possibly resulting in loss of precision, even before GMP comes into play.
Note: This extension is not available on Windows platforms.
You can download the GMP library from http://www.swox.com/gmp/. This site also has the GMP manual available.
You will need GMP version 2 or better to use these functions. Some functions may require more recent version of the GMP library.
In order to have these functions available, you must compile PHP with GMP support by using the --with-gmp option.
The constants below are defined by this extension, and will only be available when the extension has either been compiled into PHP or dynamically loaded at runtime.
This will calculate factorial of 1000 (pretty big number) very fast.
- Table of Contents
- gmp_abs -- Absolute value
- gmp_add -- Add numbers
- gmp_and -- Logical AND
- gmp_clrbit -- Clear bit
- gmp_cmp -- Compare numbers
- gmp_com -- Calculates one's complement of a
- gmp_div_q -- Divide numbers
- gmp_div_qr -- Divide numbers and get quotient and remainder
- gmp_div_r -- Remainder of the division of numbers
- gmp_div -- Alias of gmp_div_q()
- gmp_divexact -- Exact division of numbers
- gmp_fact -- Factorial
- gmp_gcd -- Calculate GCD
- gmp_gcdext -- Calculate GCD and multipliers
- gmp_hamdist -- Hamming distance
- gmp_init -- Create GMP number
- gmp_intval -- Convert GMP number to integer
- gmp_invert -- Inverse by modulo
- gmp_jacobi -- Jacobi symbol
- gmp_legendre -- Legendre symbol
- gmp_mod -- Modulo operation
- gmp_mul -- Multiply numbers
- gmp_neg -- Negate number
- gmp_or -- Logical OR
- gmp_perfect_square -- Perfect square check
- gmp_popcount -- Population count
- gmp_pow -- Raise number into power
- gmp_powm -- Raise number into power with modulo
- gmp_prob_prime -- Check if number is "probably prime"
- gmp_random -- Random number
- gmp_scan0 -- Scan for 0
- gmp_scan1 -- Scan for 1
- gmp_setbit -- Set bit
- gmp_sign -- Sign of number
- gmp_sqrt -- Square root
- gmp_sqrtrm -- Square root with remainder
- gmp_strval -- Convert GMP number to string
- gmp_sub -- Subtract numbers
- gmp_xor -- Logical XOR