IV. BCMath Arbitrary Precision Mathematics Functions
For arbitrary precision mathematics PHP offers the Binary Calculator which supports numbers of any size and precision, represented as strings.
Since PHP 4.0.4, libbcmath is bundled with PHP. You don't need any external libraries for this extension.
In PHP 4, these functions are only available if PHP was configured with --enable-bcmath. In PHP 3, these functions are only available if PHP was NOT configured with --disable-bcmath.
The windows version of PHP has built in support for this extension. You do not need to load any additional extension in order to use these functions.
The behaviour of these functions is affected by settings in php.ini.
Here's a short explanation of the configuration directives.
- bcmath.scale integer
Number of decimal digits for all bcmath functions.
- Table of Contents
- bcadd -- Add two arbitrary precision numbers
- bccomp -- Compare two arbitrary precision numbers
- bcdiv -- Divide two arbitrary precision numbers
- bcmod -- Get modulus of an arbitrary precision number
- bcmul -- Multiply two arbitrary precision number
- bcpow -- Raise an arbitrary precision number to another
- bcpowmod -- Raise an arbitrary precision number to another, reduced by a specified modulus.
- bcscale -- Set default scale parameter for all bc math functions
- bcsqrt -- Get the square root of an arbitrary precision number
- bcsub -- Subtract one arbitrary precision number from another