CXII. XSLT functions
This PHP extension provides a processor independent API to XSLT transformations. Currently this extension only supports the Sablotron library from the Ginger Alliance. Support is planned for other libraries, such as the Xalan library or the libxslt library.
XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) Transformations) is a language for transforming XML documents into other XML documents. It is a standard defined by The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Information about XSLT and related technologies can be found at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.
Note: This extension is different than the sablotron extension distributed with versions of PHP prior to PHP 4.1, currently only the new XSLT extension in PHP 4.1 is supported. If you need support for the old extension, please ask your questions on the PHP mailing lists.
This extension uses Sablotron and expat, which can both be found at http://www.gingerall.com/. Binaries are provided as well as source.
On UNIX, run configure with the --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot options. The Sablotron library should be installed somewhere your compiler can find it.
Make sure you have the same libraries linked to the Sablotron library as those, which are linked with PHP. The configuration options: --with-expat-dir=DIR --with-iconv-dir=DIR are there to help you specify them. When asking for support, always mention these directives, and whether there are other versions of those libraries installed on your system somewhere. Naturally, provide all the version numbers.
Be sure your Sablot library is linked to -lstdc++ as otherwise your configure will fail, or PHP will fail to run or load.
Note to Win32 Users: In order to enable this module on a Windows environment, you must copy several files from the DLL folder of the PHP/Win32 binary package to the SYSTEM32 folder of your windows machine. (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32). For PHP <= 4.2.0 copy sablot.dll and expat.dll to your SYSTEM32 folder. For PHP >= 4.2.1 copy sablot.dll, expat.dll and iconv.dll to your SYSTEM32 folder.
The constants below are defined by this extension, and will only be available when the extension has either been compiled into PHP or dynamically loaded at runtime.
- XSLT_OPT_SILENT (integer)
Drop all logging and error reporting. This is a generic option for all backends that may be added in the future.
- XSLT_SABOPT_PARSE_PUBLIC_ENTITIES (integer)
Tell Sablotron to parse public entities. By default this has been turned off.
- XSLT_SABOPT_DISABLE_ADDING_META (integer)
Do not add the meta tag "Content-Type" for HTML output. The default is set during compilation of Sablotron.
- XSLT_SABOPT_DISABLE_STRIPPING (integer)
Suppress the whitespace stripping (on data files only).
- XSLT_SABOPT_IGNORE_DOC_NOT_FOUND (integer)
Consider unresolved documents (the document() function) non-lethal.
- XSLT_ERR_UNSUPPORTED_SCHEME (integer)
Error return code, for scheme handlers.
- Table of Contents
- xslt_create -- Create a new XSLT processor
- xslt_errno -- Returns an error number
- xslt_error -- Returns an error string
- xslt_free -- Free XSLT processor
- xslt_process -- Perform an XSLT transformation
- xslt_set_base -- Set the base URI for all XSLT transformations
- xslt_set_encoding -- Set the encoding for the parsing of XML documents
- xslt_set_error_handler -- Set an error handler for a XSLT processor
- xslt_set_log -- Set the log file to write log messages to
- xslt_set_sax_handler -- Set SAX handlers for a XSLT processor
- xslt_set_sax_handlers -- Set the SAX handlers to be called when the XML document gets processed
- xslt_set_scheme_handler -- Set Scheme handlers for a XSLT processor
- xslt_set_scheme_handlers -- Set the scheme handlers for the XSLT processor