CXIV. YP/NIS Functions
NIS (formerly called Yellow Pages) allows network management of important administrative files (e.g. the password file). For more information refer to the NIS manpage and The Linux NIS(YP)/NYS/NIS+ HOWTO. There is also a book called Managing NFS and NIS by Hal Stern.
Note: This extension is not available on Windows platforms.
None besides functions from standard Unix libraries which are always available (either libc or libnsl, configure will detect which one to use).
The constants below are defined by this extension, and will only be available when the extension has either been compiled into PHP or dynamically loaded at runtime.
- YPERR_BADARGS (integer)
- YPERR_BADDB (integer)
- YPERR_BUSY (integer)
- YPERR_DOMAIN (integer)
- YPERR_KEY (integer)
- YPERR_MAP (integer)
- YPERR_NODOM (integer)
- YPERR_NOMORE (integer)
- YPERR_PMAP (integer)
- YPERR_RESRC (integer)
- YPERR_RPC (integer)
- YPERR_YPBIND (integer)
- YPERR_YPERR (integer)
- YPERR_YPSERV (integer)
- YPERR_VERS (integer)
- Table of Contents
- yp_all -- Traverse the map and call a function on each entry
- yp_cat -- Return an array containing the entire map
- yp_err_string -- Returns the error string associated with the given error code
- yp_errno -- Returns the error code of the previous operation
- yp_first -- Returns the first key-value pair from the named map
- yp_get_default_domain -- Fetches the machine's default NIS domain
- yp_master -- Returns the machine name of the master NIS server for a map
- yp_match -- Returns the matched line
- yp_next -- Returns the next key-value pair in the named map.
- yp_order -- Returns the order number for a map