XXVII. File alteration monitor functions
FAM monitors files and directories, notifying interested applications of changes.
A PHP script may specify a list of files for FAM to monitor using the functions provided by this extension.
The FAM process is started when the first connection from any application to it is opened. It exits after all connections to it have been closed.
The constants below are defined by this extension, and will only be available when the extension has either been compiled into PHP or dynamically loaded at runtime.
- Table of Contents
- fam_cancel_monitor -- Terminate monitoring
- fam_close -- Close FAM connection
- fam_monitor_collection -- Monitor a collection of files in a directory for changes
- fam_monitor_directory -- Monitor a directory for changes
- fam_monitor_file -- Monitor a regular file for changes
- fam_next_event -- ...
- fam_open -- Open connection to FAM daemon
- fam_pending -- Check for pending FAM events
- fam_resume_monitor -- Resume suspended monitoring
- fam_suspend_monitor -- Temporarily suspend monitoring